Tuesday 23 August 2016

The Marooner's Song


Slain!.. 
Slain again on these bed of lies... 
beautiful lies.
I guess you'll see when I'm gone; 
what's left of me. 
But hey, what's there to see?
 The worst and the best of me?
You should have learnt to see before your exit that there is more to life than just to exist
Again I ask, what's there to see?

Like others I've made mistakes had my share of good and bad days.
Everyone has a blame page, but I'm not here to play the blame game.
They say if you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday, 
you'll have no today to be thankful for.
I can't change the past,  but I can as well ruin the present by worrying about the future.
The present: Today; I'm guessing that's all I have. 
It's difficult I know,  but usually the only way to get out of difficulty is to go through it.
It's just me, 'My Today' and I...
My Today! Where it exists? I really don't know.
In my mind? Oh, I doubt... a battlefield on its own.. and My Today?... a place where I feel safe and isolated at the same time.
My head? Nah, the silence there is too noisy to comprehend.
My Today!
A place where I find inner peace even with the Wars in my mind.
Can't say where it exists, not sure; it's probably best that way.
All I'm sure of, is that I find happiness there. 
Happiness... a gift; enhanced by others but not dependent on them; so I guess it's a choice as well.
Here, reminiscing our last happy moment.
Take my hand, let's have this dance you said.
I knew, though in denial, that it would be our last.
Didn't want to stop,  didn't want to let go. Wanted to have that last dance in all ecstasy. 
Yes, you lead and I follow, make that moment last with no strings attached
Just waltzing through memories yet explored.
But no one stays on the dancefloor that long, we all leave at the end of the song... it's the end of the dance...  
                             ...N8 Inspired.... 
Frances Okonkwo
@franny_x

No comments:

Post a Comment