Thursday 16 June 2016

LABELS...


Labels...
Everyone has one
If you're not black, you're white
If you're not white...you're yellow
Unique individuals, denying themselves of wholesome existence
Compressing and suppressing such uniqueness
Into man-made bottles
Bottles sorted by race, tongue, and god

Man loses all humanity and raises a hand on his fellow man
Men sit and plot
Not for the good of humanity,
But for ways to enslave their brothers
To deceive other men into their hands
To manipulate son, daughter, mother, and father
Men want to play God
And assume His Majesty
I don't see Gods
I see gods...my equals, taking it upon themselves
To fight as God.
To fight spiritual wars with carnal bullets
And hit spiritual targets with missiles instead of darts of prayer
Prayer moves mountains...
H-bombs destroy them
Why kill the image of God
And expect God's thank you?
Everyone is defined by country, color and creed
If you don't have these, you have no identity
You become unknown
I see people, not borders
And landmarks, not boundaries
I see the Thai farmer with his cheerful smile
And the handsome Arab
With bright, brown eyes
What about the ruddy Cuban boy
Sweating hard after a game of street soccer
Or the hardworking Hausa woman
Spending long hours weaving baskets, trying to earn a living?
I will rip off the labelled mask I've hidden behind all my life
And embrace love, real love
God's love
I will join the unknown
Wherever they are
And stand Apart
Against the world
Not of the world
But for the world

No comments:

Post a Comment